• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Barcode

New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like some help with creating variable files from a database. Is there any suggestion, tutorials, videos, etc

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats too vague to help, sorry. But have a look at the DataMerge-feature/tutorials.

I assume you want barcodes, so you need to find a batch-generator online first. Prepare the codes as seperate files, then use datamerge to place them.
If it comes to generate that barcode on the fly, youre bound to prepare scripts for that i guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can provide more information, that would certainly assist us to assist you.

Using only InDesign off of the shelf, it is possible to create variable QR codes using data merge - https://indesignsecrets.com/data-merge-qr-codes-explained.php

It is also possible - using the Code 39 barcode - to turn a string of characters into a barcode. The font is available here: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Libre+Barcode+39

Note though that the code needs a start and stop character, which in this font's instance is the * character as a font. Best thing to do is use a mobile app that can scan 2D barcodes during your testing to make sure that the barcode is working correctly.

However, to create variable barcodes for other varieties such as code 128, EAN13, UPC etc, this would require a plug-in or separate piece of software altogether, such as Barcode Studio.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didnt knew that 😄 Thanks Colin for the correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines