Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to create a booklet in Indesign

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking to create a 32 paged booklet for our company that can be printed out, and then also create a smaller sized pdf digital version of it. I'm not very experienced in Indesign so looking for help on the best way to go about this. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

What is the trimmed page size (TPS)?
Are you planning to print the booklet on your own desktop printer or are you putting it out to a commercial printer?

What do you mean by a "smaller size" PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you will struggle with creating this in InDesign - it's not as easy as you think and requires knowledge of printing if going to be printed at a professional printers. 

I'd highly recommend you hirer a designer or visit a local print shop who can probably have someone that can do good design for a cheaper price than an actual graphic design company.

You'll save so much time, and you'll save so many hassles down the road, and of course save a lot more money in both instances. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to suggestions given earlier, I'd request checking out this tutorial about creating booklets.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines