• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to set up InDesign document for print

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help ASAP. What is the best way to setup an InDesign document for print? My client printed a document and said the purple color in the document printed brown. I thought I had it set up correctly. Please help!

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the document to be printed by a commercial litho printer?

Did your client print the proof on his desk-top printer?

Is your system colour managed in any way?

Will you be supplying a PDF to your printer, and has your printer given you a spec? For example: PDF/X-4, single pages (not spreads), include crop marks, use document bleed settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just told they had it printed at Office Depot. 

I sent them a single page PDF file. 

They said they want to email it to customers but also want their customers to be able to print it at home if they choose.

I just want to make sure it's high quality and prints the correct colors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did the client print the document? In a commercial printer or off their own desktop printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Commercial. I created a logo in Illustrator (not able to show the actual logo) with a gradient graphic element and text. The purple color is what is showing up brown. Could it be the way I set up my document or maybe the color I chose? I'm new to InDesign but have never had a printing issue like this. 

Logo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's so hard to know - you'd have to share the files indesign and print PDFs to know for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines