Highlighted

Best Way to Use Paragraph Styles to Create This Page

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create something like this in a book. I'd like to use paragraph styles so it's easier to make an eBook later. I tried doing it in a table, but I don't like how cells don't split across pages.

Any paragraph styles, nested styles or GREP style to get the bold text in a seperate left column?

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.46.32 AM.png

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Best Way to Use Paragraph Styles to Create This Page

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create something like this in a book. I'd like to use paragraph styles so it's easier to make an eBook later. I tried doing it in a table, but I don't like how cells don't split across pages.

Any paragraph styles, nested styles or GREP style to get the bold text in a seperate left column?

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 11.46.32 AM.png

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which format do you want for your eBook?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker has a paragraph style feature that allows you to move a subhead to the side of the paragraph that it modifies—InDesign does not. They only way to accomplish that layout in InDesign strictly using a paragraph style is with a baseline shift. I don't recommend this approach—it makes the text hard to edit—you have to edit where it was or use Story Editor—and I would not expect it to play nice with epubs.

~Barb

x_example.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines