• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black not printing

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK hivemind, this is strange.  Somehow, in an updated document, my Black color was set as non-printing.  Not a process black, not a composite black, but the basic, built-in BLACK.  ...and I couldn't remove that setting...  

I worked around it by changing all the text to a process black, but why would this occur in the first place?

TOPICS
Bug , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you using?

If it was not a case of a single or multiple items that contained content set to Black being set to Non-Printing in the Attributes panel, and other documents are not being affected, it sounds as though the document may have become corrupted. What happens if you save to IDML? Also curious what happens with the Separations Preview panel open and separations turned on?

Screenshot 2020-03-19 10.27.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try that tonight - as well as running a head cleaning diagnostic on the printer another few times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines