Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bleed issue in

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my fellow InDesign friends

Greetings from Australia. Hope you are keeping safe wherever you are.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to solve this strange bleed issue that I am having. I set my bleed (3mm x 4 sides) in InDesign and exported to PDF. Every other page seems to work fine but then these 2 are giving me a bit of headache (Fig 1).

Fig 1: PDF view

SuziNG_0-1586843536837.png

While in InDesign, everything seems to look fine  (Fig 2).

Fig 2: Indesign View

SuziNG_1-1586843684277.png

I would appreciate your tips and suggestions.

Thank you,

Suzi

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

With facing page documents the inside bleed comes from the spread’s opposite page. That is normal behaviour—with most binding methods the inside bleed is removed when the book is imposed because the inside edge is folded not trimmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the difference between Normal and Preview screen modes? (Keyboard shortcut, with nothing selected w.)

Or is it another issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek

I was hoping to find a way to resolve the issue I see in the PDF version. Image 2 (the InDesign picture) was provided to show that while the InDesign setup looks okay, when I export it to PDF, the issue appears.

Many thanks,

Suzi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you stating that the bleed does not appear in your PDF, if so, have you ticked "Use Document Bleed Settings" in the Export Adobe PDF dialogue box under the Marks and Bleed tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With facing page documents the inside bleed comes from the spread’s opposite page. That is normal behaviour—with most binding methods the inside bleed is removed when the book is imposed because the inside edge is folded not trimmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines