• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry high res images in Indesign & pdf NOT display performance issue! Please help someone

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reducing the size of a high res (tiff) image on high display performance settings is showing as seriously low res... eporting to pdf also showing as low res ( CC 2019 & 2020) Sometimes it looks fixed on Indesign (crisp image) but still exporting as low res. My images are ALL high res. Why is this happening all of a sudden?? Sick of uninstalling & reinstalling & clearing all cache etc...! Everything was fine until a few months back! Anyone got a fix for this? It's seriously doing my head in! 😩 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The second thing to check is your Links panel. Are any links missing or out of date? If so, fix any broken links.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Nope, no broken links. I've even deleted original tiffs altogether & remade them incase that was the problem. All preflight checks are error free too. It's driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have three other ideas, but maybe another volunteer will jump in if these don’t work.

• What does it say for the PPI and the Effective PPI in your Links panel?
  • Have you tried viewing it on another computer/monitor?
  • Is your zoom 100%

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good points! Will check tomorrow & get back to you on those as I've put the Mac to sleep now (it's 1:43am here in the uk 😊)

Currently can't open same Version of the Doc on my MacBook as its now "too old" to install latest version of CC. Again, something else that's ticked me off in the last few months! Adobe really sucks at times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines