Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent Blurry images while exporting an InDesign file to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand that unlinked images can appear blurry when they are exported from and .indd file to .PDF. The issue is, I have my art book with hundreds of linked images and I would have to download them and all re-link them to this file... Which I would be fine spending 6-7 hours doing, but I own the business that puts the art on apparel and that would be next to impossible with the current amount of time I currently have. Is there is any other way to solve this? Please help!

***** Title renamed by Moderator "VS" *****

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

If you are exporting as an Interactive PDF, you can set Image Handling to lossless compression, High or Maximum JPEG Quality, and 144 or 300 ppi resolution. These settings are found on the Export To Interactive PDF dialog.

If you are exporting as an Interactive PDF, you can set Image Handling to lossless compression, High or Maximum JPEG Quality, and 144 or 300 ppi resolution. These settings are found on the Export To Interactive PDF dialog.

If you are exporting as an Interactive PDF, you can se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please confirm your Operating System and current version of InDesign in case it helps us support you better.

There is a clever bit in InDesign. If you have all the images stored in one folder, when you relink the first one, InDesign will check if all the other missing ones can be found in the same location, thus relinking it all in a flash. If you are missing images (originals) then, of course, the re-linking will not happen.

You might have to relink the first image, if it doesn't detect all the other missing ones > Save your file, close it and re-open it. A message will prompt you to re-link automatically to the missing pictures and find them in that central folder.

Let us know if that worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same folder as in same mother folder, or one big folder? The art is organized in to a different folder for each piece underneath a mother folder named "Artwork," but has not been all transferred to the Mac yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are linked, but you still have to download them? Where are they stored?

Drop them into a subfolder labeled "Artwork" as Eric mentioned; link one and the others will automatically relink (as long as the name has not changed from original placement).

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lossless wasn't working, but manually setting to 300 PPI did. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above was extremely helpful! Thank you so much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! Solved the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines