Highlighted

Blurry text on InDesign 2019 on Windows 10 System

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is my text pixelated until I start typing? It's brutally hard on the eyes.

Here is what it looks like before I start typing in a text box:

Here is what it looks like when I start to edit/type in the text box:

My display settings are to anti alias:

Changing it to Fast display does nothing. I'd like to be able to read my screen clearly. This seems like something that should have a really easy fix.

Thank you InDesign gurus for reading!

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blurry text on InDesign 2019 on Windows 10 System

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is my text pixelated until I start typing? It's brutally hard on the eyes.

Here is what it looks like before I start typing in a text box:

Here is what it looks like when I start to edit/type in the text box:

My display settings are to anti alias:

Changing it to Fast display does nothing. I'd like to be able to read my screen clearly. This seems like something that should have a really easy fix.

Thank you InDesign gurus for reading!

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except for your Greek Below setting (no reason it should not be 0!), your settings are the same as mine.

I see no difference in how the type looks when I switch between the Selection and the Type tool.

However, I'm using a Mac with macOS 10.14.5, and InDesign CC 2019.

What InDesign version and operating system are you using (it appears to be Windows, but what version)?

I'm wondering if it could be a graphic card issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what mine looks like with the Selection tool:

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 3.25.52 PM.png

And with the Type tool:

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 3.26.18 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign Version:

My system information:

My graphics card:

I've had Nvidia help me to make sure I'm running the latest graphics driver for the Quadro P2000.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see if any Windows users can poke their heads into this thread to share their experience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another brain boggling discovery, there's another thread on this topic, and if I paste some text into a blank document, the blurry text does not occur. It looks clear before, during, and after I type into the box. Does this mean InDesign cannot render text if there are placed images in a document? Seems crazy! Help anyone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can definitely tell you that there is no problem rendering text when there are placed images. You may have an issue but it's not going to be that one. Screen capture taken with Selection tool active. No problem with type rendering.

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 1.07.58 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems ridiculous that is what solved the other thread's problem. Removing the .png that solved their problem may have been unrelated to the issue.

Grasping at straws and very tired of looking at a blurry mess.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing all of the above information. Very sorry to see this frustrating blurriness on the InDesign documents. I have a Windows system and I can not see this behavior at my end. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• What happens if you set the display performance to High-Quality Display (View > Display Performance)?
  • Is this is happening with the text imported from somewhere else (Eg: word doc) or with the text entered manually (by typing)?
  • Will it be possible for you to share a sample file? If yes, please upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link. If the file is confidential just click on my name and click on "Message" to send me a DM.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

If you read back in the conversation you can see a screen shot of my view settings, I'm using High Quality. The text in question on this file was typed in by hand, not pasted in from anywhere else.

I'll DM you a copy of the file, but it has many links to images so those won't accompany.

Thanks,
Crystal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Looking forward to seeing your file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issue. I am working on an updated windows 10 PC and Adobe Indesign 2020. Here is a video of what happens when I delete all of the graphics and two png files from my document: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pemn4jALQbkbqPoC7 It doesn't show how bad the bold fat blurred text is in the video but shows the difference when I delete the files. If I change my display settings to have the transparency off it will work. Can someone help? I have done the windows troubleshooting from another forum and it did nothing.

khtzoo_0-1589154459957.pngkhtzoo_1-1589154474289.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In other words, until now there's no clear solution to this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines