• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bold font in Illustrator not showing in Indesign

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file in Illustrator that has bold font in the header. I have the .ai file linked to another document in InDesign. However, in InDesign, the font is not showing up bold. It is also not bold when i export the file as a PDF. Any clues to why this is happening? I've linked files like this before and never had an issue. 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. EXACTLY what font is installed (name, version). Are you sure it's the same version in both applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mac OS Big Sur Version 11.0.1

I am using InDesign 2021 and Illustrator 2021

The font is Gill Sans MT Bold. I'm not sure how it could be different in InDesign because it is a linked Illustrator file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, as a volunteer, my time to help today has expired, as I'm dealing with emergencies in my "work world"  for the rest of the day. Hopefully, someone else will help you sort it out. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Miranda,

is your issue resolved?

If not, show a screenshot of the AI/PDF open with Acrobat Pro DC where Document Properties are showing the Fonts tab. Could be that the font style is not embedded. If that is the case work with an embedable version of the font.

To check if you can embed the font to PDF go to InDesign, type some text with it and visit:

Type > Find/Replace Font…

You'll see all the font styles listed that your document needs. Select Gill Sans MT Bold and press the "More Info" button to see all the available details and look into "Restrictions:".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines