• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Proposal assignment

May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I just start learning to use this InDesign and have an assignment to make a book proposal using it, but I kinda stuck to make one. If anyone can help me out?

Appreciated very much

Nic

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Hi Nic

The  first thing to do is to get some training in using InDesign so that the terms, like A4, Facing Pages, bleeed, TIFF as so on start to make sense. There is excellent online video training available from Linkedin Learning and you can get 30 days free access, which should get you started: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-2020-essential-training?trk=learning-serp_learning_search-card&upsellOrderOrigin=homepage-learning_learning-search-bar_search-submit

Come back to this forum wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what a "book proposal" and even if I did, that is still too broad a question to ask. You need to get some training so you can at least ask specific questions about the functions of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, 

I'm just a student in Graphic Design and this online class that giving only assignment quite stressing me out, and yet my limited English as I'm an international student make it quite a challenge.. There's assignment requirement that need to be done using InDesign. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would also help if you could state your version of InDesign and operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

I'm just an international student that just happen to been asked to use InDesign 2000 for my assignment due to Online course as we can't come into class due to the Covid-19.. it's quite stressing me out with the assignment while no one I can ask to help me to do, and as well I don't have any experience in the industry 😞

think you can help me out?

thank you

Nic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nic

We would try and help you out but you haven't given us any information to help you!

For example, we need to know:

Which version of InDesign and OS do you have?

Do you have access to any other applications from the Adobe Creative Suite, such as Photoshop?

Explain details of your assignment – what is the brief and how is to to be presented to your tutor(s)?

Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

where about are you? Not sure what is the best way to contact you or give you the information. I was thinking if you are in Australia, I might can you give you a call... otherwise If you can send me your email address so I can forward you the information. Thank you so much.

Nic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to communicate through this forum so others can contribute to helping you and others might learn something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

I'm using InDesign 2020, and below is the requirements for my assignment, and i kinda stuck to start it.. if anyone can help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't really told us what you are specifically stuck with. (Other than, "you are stuck with this assignment"...)

Starting InDesign itself?

Creating a new document? Adding, editing, and applying master pages?

Creating a color palette?

Adding, editing, and applying paragraph and character styles?

Including images?

Help on any and all of the above can easily be found in the Online Help: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/indesign.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is slightly out of topic, but I am stunned by the technical requirements: images must be in CMYK and tiff or eps…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, a number of things like that but don't lets confuse the OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nic

The  first thing to do is to get some training in using InDesign so that the terms, like A4, Facing Pages, bleeed, TIFF as so on start to make sense. There is excellent online video training available from Linkedin Learning and you can get 30 days free access, which should get you started: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-2020-essential-training?trk=learning-serp_learning_search...

Come back to this forum with specific questions when you get stuck.

To get you started select in InDesign: Create New from the opening screen (or File > New) Select A4 (210 x 297mm) for the page size (upright), tick Facing Pages, scroll down to Bleed and Slug and add 3mm to the outer edges. Name and Save the document (note where you've saved it) And presto – you've started your graphic design journey!

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 12.54.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nicholas,

Have you started this assignment? Have you written the copy for your book proposal? And most importantly, are you looking for us to fulfill this assignment for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines