• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Booklet printing with blank spreads

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a seies of booklets that I regularly print to a toshiba 3500AC using the "print booklet" option in Indesign. I have one 28 page booklet that for some reason the 7/24 spread prints blank. It is there on the preview but gone when it comes out the printer. None of the other booklets I print have this problem, just this one file.  If I export to PDF it will print from Acrobat but the margins are larger and leaves an undesiered white area on the spine.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Do reader spreads print correctly? When you print PostScript have you tried using the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD?

Screen Shot 12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

You might do a google search for an updated print driver.

If you export to single pages with no inside bleed and add manual outside crop marks, printing to booklet from Acrobat should work. Here's a discussion about booklet bleed in Acrobat:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/booklet-and-bleed/m-p/9737476?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the printer spread with page 7 should be 22 not 24. Make sure you click Print Sattings... and check Print Blank Pages

Screen Shot 10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youre right, it is 22 not 24. I've tried it with "print blank pages" checked and unchecked but I'm still getting those blank pages. They are both supposed to have content on them. It seems like this file is just corrupted. I've used diffrent versions of Indesign and diffrent printers and they are still coming out blank. Again, the spread shows up perfect in the preview and when I print to PDF or PostScript but gone when it prints to a printer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do reader spreads print correctly? When you print PostScript have you tried using the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD?

Screen Shot 12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might do a google search for an updated print driver.

If you export to single pages with no inside bleed and add manual outside crop marks, printing to booklet from Acrobat should work. Here's a discussion about booklet bleed in Acrobat:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/booklet-and-bleed/m-p/9737476?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines