• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks: possible to specify a view?

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible when making a Bookmark in InDesign to specify a view? Or, because of interactivity lockout, is it impossible to do this? Asking for a friend with about 70 views to specify …

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott,

What do you exactly mean? [more explanations please!]

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building a comprehensive organizational chart for a large department - 70 individual org charts, thousands of individual names.

I'm trying to make one layout work for a wall chart, and as a searchable online document - structured for a monitor, and also structured for viewing on a phone.

My visual chunks are lettersized, usually landscape, and covered with names 12 point type. These are auto-generated PDFs from an old pre-Imperial system created by some rude outworld folk who only speak one language, and many of the strings were broken when the PDFs were auto-generated.

I'd like to be able to zoom from full page view (easy) to a cascade of custom views (hard manual in Acrobat) where you can see the department/division/branch/office/unit/person. I've been semi-successful with this

What I need is a New Workflow - my brain is deep underground in print & PDF concepts. I need a repeatable, describable workflow since the lettersized org charts change randomly & need to be updated.

Liberation is my only hope.

Going out to service vaporators now - will check back in two cycles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

it could be done by scripting in InDesign.

At least when adding a new bookmark by script.

The question:

What is your desired output where the bookmarks should work?

( I'm not sure even if you tagged your question with "Publish online". )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm building a comprehensive organizational chart for a large department - 70 individual org charts, thousands of individual names.

I'm trying to make one layout work for a wall chart, and as a searchable online document - structured for a monitor, and also structured for viewing on a phone.

My visual chunks are lettersized, usually landscape, and covered with names in 12 point type. These are auto-generated PDFs from another software package I don't control and many of the strings were broken when the PDFs were auto-generated.

I'd like to be able to zoom from full page view (easy) to a cascade of custom views (hard manual in Acrobat) where you can see the department/division/branch/office/unit/person. I've been semi-successful with this by manually setting the views in Acrobat - and will have to do so again the next time there's a change.

What I need is a New Workflow - my brain is deep in the ice of print & PDF concepts. I need a repeatable, describable workflow since the lettersized org charts change randomly & need to be updated often.

Anny comments appreciated - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines