• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[ Branched ] InDesign 2019 Keyboard shortcuts not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue as well. My laptop died, so I'm on a newer iMac, running Mojave and have lost functionality of

> hold down spacebar to use the hand tool (using the selection tool)

> duplicate as dragging artwork (option + selection tool + command) and duplicate as dragging in alignment (option + shift + selection tool)

> moving artwork while in alignment (shift + selection tool)

> scaling proportionally from one edge (shift + selection tool, dragging the corner of the transform box)

> scaling proportionally from the center (shift + option + selection tool, dragging the corner of the transform box)

I see a lot of options in the thread, but is there a clear answer that actually works?

I'm ultimately frustrated... Please advise. Thank you.

[ branched from previous discussion by moderator ] InDesign 2019 Keyboard shortcuts not working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Don't worry we are here to help and can escalate it further if required. Please try the following steps and share your observations:

• Are you using the Wacom tablet? If yes, please try the following steps:
  1. Check the keyboard shortcuts with the mouse instead of Pen with Wacom.
  2. Kindly update the drivers to the latest version (6.3.34-2)
  3. If drivers are already up to date then disconnect the Wacom from MAC.
  4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Wacom driver.
  5. Once the drivers are installed then restart the computer (

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I tried "InDesign Preferences > Interface > Enable Multitouch Gestures (disabled it)..." and that did not work.

I even uninstalled it and installed an earlier version of CC 2019 for INDD- that also did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martine,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that a few keyboard shortcuts are not working properly. I would suggest if you can try resetting preferences for InDesign (Set preferences in Adobe InDesign ) and let us know if that helps.

Please note resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I don't have much for preferences set up yet - I just installed INDD yesterday, and I'm working (more or less) right as INDD comes out of the box. I have created on preset for exporting PDFS and color for interface and that's pretty much it.

And in the link you sent me :

Mike Witherell provides a detailed list of which files are affected when you restore preferences in Adobe InDesign Presets (PDF, English only).

FYI - that link does not go to a PDF but to an "Adobe User Group Directory".

Then I tried this:

• Do one of the following:

• (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
    • (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

AND that merely reopened INDD - no option to "CLICK YES" on anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these steps to reset preferences manually:

• Close all Adobe applications
  • Go to Locations:
  • ~/Library/Caches
  • ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old
  • Launch InDesign from the CC

This will keep a backup of all the old settings in .old folders and Indesign will create new folders with default settings.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but that was not successful either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry we are here to help and can escalate it further if required. Please try the following steps and share your observations:

• Are you using the Wacom tablet? If yes, please try the following steps:
  1. Check the keyboard shortcuts with the mouse instead of Pen with Wacom.
  2. Kindly update the drivers to the latest version (6.3.34-2)
  3. If drivers are already up to date then disconnect the Wacom from MAC.
  4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Wacom driver.
  5. Once the drivers are installed then restart the computer (In this process Adobe apps should be closed)
  6. When the system is restarted, kindly connect Wacom with Mac computer and check the functionality using Pen.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Hurray!

Although, I would say your instructions were a little bare.

As a person who knows her way around, (sort of) I was able to cobble together the understanding that starting in this mode takes a while, like, longer than normal - and that once in safe boot mode - I would need to open the software and a file to try it out - and that restarting would also take a while. No biggie, but for people who need a lot of handholding that intell would be helpful.

Thanks for continuing to support getting the issue resolved.

Impressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback, Martine. Next time I'll try to be as descriptive as possible. I am glad to see that you are all set.

Please feel free to update the discussion if you have any further query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I have exactly the same problems as this across indesign, photoshop and illlustrator. I have never isnalled a Wacom table or otherwise. I am using a mac keyboard though conncted to my laptop. 

I have tried everything to get my shortcuts back but nothign has worked including suggestions from your thread. Are you able to help plesae?

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not,  we might need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines