• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bridgetalk converting unicode character in string

Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have a script that I run from InDesign and it uses bridgetalk to open up the selected image in photoshop, scale it up and resave it in a specific directory.....

This all works fine on my windows machine at home, but at work I'm using a mac and working from a network drive, which is annoyingly called "WIP:» " which is causing a weird problem.

if I get an image filepath or document path within indesign it returns the correct filepath containing "WIP:» " for example something like "WIP:» JobFolder:12345:resources:image.jpg" however if I then try to pass this string into photoshop via bridgetalk, it now comes out instead with the unicode for Â», so it returns this "WIP:\u00BB JobFolder:12345:resources:image.jpg"

This seemed like a minor hurdle and I initially got around it with this line

var imagePath = imagePath.replace(/(^.*)(\u00BB.)/, "WIP:» ");

which worked fine and as it should for a few days, however now it's started returning unexpected results, instead of replacing with the Â» like I specified in my code, it replaces it with this Â¬Âª

I have no idea why it's suddenly changed , maybe something to do with the filestructure on the network drive. 

does anybody know of workaround that I can insert the correct Â» back into my string with the unicode value or anything like that?

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

nevermind, finally found a solution that works

var stupidChar = String.fromCharCode(0x00BB);
var imagePath = imagePath.replace(/(^.*)(\u00BB.)/, "WIP:" +stupidChar+ " ");

🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nevermind, finally found a solution that works

var stupidChar = String.fromCharCode(0x00BB);
var imagePath = imagePath.replace(/(^.*)(\u00BB.)/, "WIP:" +stupidChar+ " ");

🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines