Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken Links

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I really need all the help I can get. I cannot save many files on my computer, so every time I finished a page in my Indesign document, I deleted the original picture of it and threw it in the trash. I can't keep all those PDFs in my computer, since it has low storage. Now, I have 73 errors all reading broken and missing link and I cannot export my file as a high quality design. 

I am using a MacBook Air, and I don't have the time to redo each file into a PDF since I have a strict deadline. 

I am begging someone to tell me what to do, since I don't have the original documents. I have a deadline of this week to hand in my designs. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Becky 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

You can export the document, but you will get poor results because the images you plced will only show as low resolution previews. Other than that, I suggest you invest in some storqge. Hard drives are amazingly cheap. You can get several GB of storage for about one hundred dollars. If you delete images you need then you’ll just have to source them again or live with the lack of them. The only alternative is to restore from a backup. If you don’t have that you’ll just have to source the images a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export the document, but you will get poor results because the images you plced will only show as low resolution previews. Other than that, I suggest you invest in some storqge. Hard drives are amazingly cheap. You can get several GB of storage for about one hundred dollars. If you delete images you need then you’ll just have to source them again or live with the lack of them. The only alternative is to restore from a backup. If you don’t have that you’ll just have to source the images again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Scott. I realized my errors now. I am redoing the entire document and now saving everything. I was able to get my deadline pushed forward to a later date. Lesson learned!! I'm a newbie to InDesign, but now I get how it works. If I run out of space, I will save everything onto a USB. First time user of InDesign, so I had to YouTube and learn this program on my own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines