Highlighted

Bug after the latest June update with the Current Page Number and Footnote Mark

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest June update (2 days ago) the page number become « ss » (on the Master pages and on all the pages of the document). It doesn't happen in all documents et doesn't occur anymore when the doc is opened with 2019 version of InDesign.

I also encountered the same bug with the Mark for Notes using the Asterisque option (*, **, …)

I hope this bug will be rapidly corrected. In the meantime I will use the 2019 version…

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v15.1.1 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/40675342-id-2020-15-1-all-text-variables-including-page

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bug after the latest June update with the Current Page Number and Footnote Mark

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest June update (2 days ago) the page number become « ss » (on the Master pages and on all the pages of the document). It doesn't happen in all documents et doesn't occur anymore when the doc is opened with 2019 version of InDesign.

I also encountered the same bug with the Mark for Notes using the Asterisque option (*, **, …)

I hope this bug will be rapidly corrected. In the meantime I will use the 2019 version…

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v15.1.1 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/40675342-id-2020-15-1-all-text-variables-including-page

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cmillet,

this is a known bug with InDesign 15.1.0.25.

All text variables, also Current Page Number, show "ss" in every instance.

Caused by the following paragraph composers:

Adobe World-Ready Single-line Composer
Adobe World-Ready Composer

Currently the only known workaround is to use one of the following paragraph composers:

Adobe Single-line Composer
Adobe Paragraph Composer

Adobe Japanese Single-line Composer
Adobe Japanese Paragraph Compose

If you do text composition with Hebrew or Arabic then this is no option at all.

In that case revert back to InDesign 15.0.3 until the issue is fixed.

Vote for fixing the bug here:

ID 2020 15.1 - All text variables (including page numbers) replaced by "ss" text

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40675342

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/40675342-id-2020-15-1-a...

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0