Highlighted

Bug in Pages floating menu

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of InDesign CC (15.1.2) on a 27" iMac running High Sierra. MyInDesign document is fairly large with hundreds of photos (if this matters). After placing a photo this morning, I needed to insert a page spread at a particular point in the document. Choosing "Insert Pages" from the floating "Pages" pallet produced instead the dialog box for "Panel Options". Choosing "Panel Options" from the same pull down menu gave me the correct"Panel Options "floating pallet, but did not correct the problem when I again tried to insert a page spread. Eventually, none of the pull down menus would produce anything at all, whether if I was trying to access them from the various floating pallets (e.g., Layers, Swatches, Paragraph Styles, etc) or directly from the menubar. Oddly, keyboard shortcuts still worked so I was able to save the document. I was forced to quit the program via Command-Option-Escape becuase the menu function "Quit" also produced nothing.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bug in Pages floating menu

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of InDesign CC (15.1.2) on a 27" iMac running High Sierra. MyInDesign document is fairly large with hundreds of photos (if this matters). After placing a photo this morning, I needed to insert a page spread at a particular point in the document. Choosing "Insert Pages" from the floating "Pages" pallet produced instead the dialog box for "Panel Options". Choosing "Panel Options" from the same pull down menu gave me the correct"Panel Options "floating pallet, but did not correct the problem when I again tried to insert a page spread. Eventually, none of the pull down menus would produce anything at all, whether if I was trying to access them from the various floating pallets (e.g., Layers, Swatches, Paragraph Styles, etc) or directly from the menubar. Oddly, keyboard shortcuts still worked so I was able to save the document. I was forced to quit the program via Command-Option-Escape becuase the menu function "Quit" also produced nothing.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I would try is restoring your InDesign preferences:

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign - Adobe Supporthelpx.adobe.com › user-guide.html › indesign › usin...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the reply. Simply quitting and restarting addressed the issue which appears more to be a bug than a bad prefs file. This seemed the right forum to report it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0