• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug on barcode numbers, how fix it?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm making thousands of pages with code128 barcode on it.

I use as datasource a txt file created with excel with 2 columns: number and number encoded with code128 excel function.

The system has worked fine for thousands of pages but now when it reaches particular numbers it crashes.

Also without use of code128 if I paste in a text frame, on a blank page, this sequence, for example:

Í0ÃÈ6qÎ

Indesign crash!

Why this? I need to make other 20,000 pages!

There is a workaround?

Thanks in advance for any help

Angelo

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the example is some actual text that crashes InDesign, does it crash if pasted into a new single-page document? (It did not for me.) If it does, it could be a font issue. 

Could it also be a page count issue? I believe ID can [only] have 9999 pages per document. 

Also, does your computer have enough "power" to handle these large page-count documents?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the 99999example is some actual text that crashes InDesign, does it crash if pasted into a new single-page document?

Yes, the example cause Indesign crash also in new blank page

(It did not for me.) If it does, it could be a font issue.

But crash with ANY fonts, not Code128 only (Ihav tried with several fonts)

Could it also be a page count issue? I believe ID can [only] have 9999 pages per document.

No problem page count, Crash with single page also

Also, does your computer have enough "power" to handle these large page-count documents?

Intel I9 32gb Ram, tried also on pc with less power and on Mac. ID crash

But if I use the same sequence in Illustrator it work fine. So I have use Illustrator and variables and automation to create 15000 barcode images and then merged them in ID, but it require more work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you should uninstall ID, run Adobe CC Cleaner, and reinstall. Your problem may not be related to the font but a corruption of InDesign--however, the font could have started the corruption. Where did you get the code128 font?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines