• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug - Tiny Finder dialogue box

Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am on Mac OS Big Sur (11.1), & Indesign 2021 version 16.2.1 (most recent).
Anytime you go to place an external file, (Cmd-D) — a tiny, almost useless Finder window pops up that needs to be expanded in order to see anything. Also, the Finder dialogue does not apply the OS dark mode theme, or for that matter, the dark mode theme for Indesign itself. In addition to being uselessly small, the dialogue has the wrong theme colors. See attached screenshot.

It seems that Indesign has not been fully integrated into Big Sur, as this has only been a problem since Big Sur came out.
Please advise on when/if this will be fixed. Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Write a bug report at InDesign UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? This seems like a perfectly fine place to report a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This behavior is really unusual. Please update macOS Big Sur to the latest version. I'd also recommend trying the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

My post has nothing to do with slow behavior, and I don't think the behavior that I reported is unusual, since there are several other posts reporting the same issue. Can you actually address the specific issue that I reported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This looks like the widely reported “tiny Open/Save as dialog box” bug that existed in macOS 11.1, which you said you are still using. This bug affected all Mac applications, not just Adobe applications.

Apple fixed their bug in macOS 11.2, released back in February 2021.

The current version is macOS 11.4.

Try updating to macOS 11.4 and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you were seeing the bug that Apple introduced and Apple fixed. If the problem does not go away, then we can continue troubleshooting.

Note that some reports said macOS saves the last used size, so it might still look tiny the first time after installing 11.4; if so, you might have to set the dialog box size larger yourself and then that should finally stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines