Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullets Return Tab Question

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am working on Indesign and have no idea how to resolve this issue..

I would like to use ^/ option for Text After option but have no idea how to apply same option to Return Tap.

Below is the image..

Thank you so much for your help

Have a great day 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.42.55 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

The information you provided is a bit vague but I think you're trying to use cmd/ctrl + \ to align the second line of a bulleted item with the text above. This is an old-school QuarkXpress approach and is no longer needed. To get the bullet aligned properly, you'll want to apply a positive left indent to the paragraph which will push all of the text to the right. Then use a negative first line indent to push the text of the first line back to the left getting the text to align. Typically the val

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you rephrase the question as I don't know what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not understand the question.
Could you please explain better your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information you provided is a bit vague but I think you're trying to use cmd/ctrl + \ to align the second line of a bulleted item with the text above. This is an old-school QuarkXpress approach and is no longer needed. To get the bullet aligned properly, you'll want to apply a positive left indent to the paragraph which will push all of the text to the right. Then use a negative first line indent to push the text of the first line back to the left getting the text to align. Typically the values are the same but one value (left) is positive, and the other (first line) is negative. See screen shot below.

Forum Bullet.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Thank you so much for understanding my vague question and helped me out.

Now I know how to use it 🙂

Have a great weekend!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines