Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C++ node Addons supported in CEP?

Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to use a C++ node Addon in a CEP extension for InDesign. After debugging i now suspect the C++ Addons are not supported or some configuration is probably required that i am missing. So i am trying to use the sqlite3 node package https://www.npmjs.com/package/sqlite3. I get different results on a MAC and WIN

On MAC

I get an error regarding unsigned .node file, if i sign it using my Apple Developer ID then i get another error that says "not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process and mapped file (non-platform) have different Team IDs"

On WIN 

I get a very cryptic message like "uncaught error: the system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2 nodejs"

I suspected this might be due to my env configuration, so i used require directly on the node file and then also i get this same error.

The errors on both the platforms seems unrelated but point quite heavily to this being unsupported. Could someone verify what exactly is the problem.

-Manan

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan, I'm facing the same issue as you on Mac - did you ever find a solution?

Cheers,
Kristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kristian,

I couldn't get it running via the normal route. What I did instead was use WASM . If I remember correctly WASM was hosted on an invisible CEP panel. I used the https://www.npmjs.com/package/sql-wasm package

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines