Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C++ SDK exclude text from print

Guide ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to exclude certain text from the print process. The text would still be in the document. When the document is printed there would be gaps where the text was.

I have looked at text addornments but there doesn't seem to be a way to stop it from printing the characaters.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

P.

PS. How do you post to a sub forum ( SDK )

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

What granularity?

With a DrawEventHandler you could suppress your text per frame.

Beyond that, I'd try to filter drawing thru own graphics port etc., but haven't used that in production. Unfortunately some intermediate structures are undocumented, such as CCTTextList. Maybe it is easier to iterate Wax starting from that DrawEvent, again just a guess.

There are no sub-forums any more, just tags such as the SDK tag you already used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What granularity?

With a DrawEventHandler you could suppress your text per frame.

Beyond that, I'd try to filter drawing thru own graphics port etc., but haven't used that in production. Unfortunately some intermediate structures are undocumented, such as CCTTextList. Maybe it is easier to iterate Wax starting from that DrawEvent, again just a guess.

There are no sub-forums any more, just tags such as the SDK tag you already used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for that. Now I can start to look for hacks.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines