• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a Publish Online document be accessed by thousands simultaneously?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering alternatives for one of our annual capstone presentations and InDesign's Publish Online seems perfect. This document would potentially be accessed by thousands of unique browers simultaneously. Will this cause any issues with the funtionality when it's widely released to our community?  

TOPICS
Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Hi Julianne,

Thanks for reaching out. Diane is absolutely correct. I confirmed the same with product team. You should have no issues working with multiple users. You may check out this FAQ about Publish Online for more information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never known of any issues in this regard.

It's a great way to present interactive documents, too, that have been created in InDesign. Here are some examples if you haven't seen them: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, @Diane_Burns. I needed a professional's input before plowing ahead with this new-to-us publishing platform, and this seems to be the biggest unknown/hiccup for our team. I appreciate the link, too! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Julianne,

Thanks for reaching out. Diane is absolutely correct. I confirmed the same with product team. You should have no issues working with multiple users. You may check out this FAQ about Publish Online for more information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines