• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change the vector in placed pdf from RGB black to 100% K black?

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I have some pdf that I will place into InDesign and there’s quite a bit of vector lines and arrows in it, some are custom and some are preset vectors line that been done in Affinity Designer software. I get suggested that is better to use 100% K black and not rich black for small text and lines so there’s no possible ghosting effect. Hence, I will use 100% k black for small texts and lines but rich black for some parts of my book that has big gradient.

I see that I can’t edit the pdf’s elements in InDesign, so what should I do? Should I make a few version of the placed pdf in Affinity Designer so one can be used for my print version and one can use for ebook(RGB black)?

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no possible way to edit pdf elements in InDesign but you can edit the pdf elements and it's color in Illustrator then place it back in InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the PDF in Acrobat Pro and go to the Preflight sextion and set up a preflight which corrects things as yyou want them. Do it once and you can later use it in a batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines