• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i create an Upload Location IN indesign?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Experts. 

I am not an expert. At all. But since the PTB asked me to create a fillable document, what must be done must be done right, right?

So, my question is, can I (and if I can, HOW can I) create a location ( Like a Button) where a Person (admin person) can upload and attach a file to a document in a certain Location.  This could be Pictures, Video, or Spreadsheets of data. This would end up being sent to the person on the other end as a single document and they could click on that location and download the files or whatever, but its NOT sent as a seperate file, it is only sent as a all in one cohesive file.  

I would also prefer it to not be a thumbnail or anything like that, just a Button or something where they can see the name of the file and they have to click on it and that will download it, to keep the formatting consistent? 

honestly looking at the question i am sure it is possible, but i have done a few minutes of googling on the subject and i just cant figure out the proper search query's 

thank you so much!

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as an Interactive PDF document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website, including a YouTube or similkar video. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons  like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So 

1. I cant have a general upload Button

2. I cant actually Create an Upload Button at all ( even for the specific File types)? which uploads the file directly into the PDF itself. 

3. I can create a button that links to, for example, Google Drive and the person clicks on that and does standard Hyperlink things

4. Anything else I am missing? 

Thank you for your answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to @Derek Cross i cannot just have an uploaded button with uploaded and attached files in it,

how to i create this button, so i dont have to edit the document in Indesign every month with the uploaded files' hyperlink, instead the admin can open the PDF and change the hyperlink in THAT specific document without going through Indesign each time? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your admin have Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to look into that, and how does that affect how she/he is able to modify the PDF exactly?

thanks for your answers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good Morning All,

Just looking to finish off this question line today so i can finalize my Document thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines