• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I embed a slideshow in PDF through InDesign?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating an eBook and I would like to have some more native interactivity beyond links. Is there any way I can create/embed a slideshow as part of a page design element in InDesign? I've seen it done through a third-party add-on (mag+). I'm hoping to just use my Adobe Cloud service. If I can't do it natively through InDesign, can I import a slideshow done in another Adobe app? The end result I'm seeking is an exported PDF from InDesign that would have a slideshow embedded as part of the design within a given page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF is common file format developed by Adobe but used by many other software developers. So even if Adobe will add new features to the Adobe Reader/ Adobe Acrobat, there's no guarantee that other PDF reader programs will support this new functionality...

Mag+ plugin exports InDesign layout to its own proprietary file format which probably use html/css/js/xml — no matter what — what Mag+ export is not a PDF document — it is a unique file format that can be opened only with Mag+ reader.

Have a look at .ePub file format, which is also web based (html/css/js/xml) so you might be able to do what you want with this format. How To Create a Slideshow in InDesign CC for your Interactive ePUB - YouTube

You can also create slideshow with swf file format: Create an Interactive Slideshow in InDesign CS5 with Multi-State Objects - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Inside InDesign you can create photo galleries using the Object state Panel, or you can create animation to have pictures that appear and disappear on page. Both this ways can be included in .ePub fixed layout format.

InDesign Plug-in as Mag+, Twixl Publisher, Aquafadas and others solution that allow to create App, allow to create slide show inside InDesign using the Object State Palette and adding different transitions between one picture to another to create interactive slideshows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines