• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I fill my Combo Box with imported information from Excel?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our system creates menu's for nursing homes which are exported to excel. We send this sheet to our customers so that they know what's on the menu that week, which they can choose from. This looks terrible so it's my job to make it pretty 🙂
To the point; I'm making a interactive PDF with combo boxes with the menu options for that specific day, like a interactive menu. Our customers can choose from the combobox en print the document to put on the tables like a real menu so the clients will know what's for dinner. But I don't want to update this form every week by filling in the new menu options by hand. The system updates the excel sheet weekly. I know I can link a excel sheet to InDesign so it automatically updates the text when altered in Excel. Is there any way that I could link the excel sheet (with the required menu options) to the interactive combo boxes so it updates automatically when there's a new menu available? I know that I would still have to open and re-save the document every week, but if it would automatically update by its self, it would save me so much time! 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Print , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ask in the Acrobat forum. It can't be done, any way I can think of in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines