• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i update Indesign 2018 version 13.0 to 13.1?

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I want to use Indesign 2018 is because it is night and day faster/more responsive than latter versions on my computer which are very sluggish for me. 

Indesign 2018 version 13.0 has an issue where the scripts panel doesn't list scripts alphabetically and it's not possible to change the order. This was apparently fixed in version 13.1 (which I have on another computer and it does list them alphabetically). I've googled how to update from 13.0 to 13.1 and I haven't had any luck finding a solution. I've also contacted Adobe via chat and they've basically told me it's an "isolated" version they don't support so they won't give me a download link for it.

Since i do have version 13.1 on another computer, is there any way to copy over files from that to my other computer with version 13.0 to get it to update manually that way? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

No, there isn't. Copying over installed files does not work almost always on a Windows machine, and it is the same for Adobe products on the MAC as well.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there isn't. Copying over installed files does not work almost always on a Windows machine, and it is the same for Adobe products on the MAC as well.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines