• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can InDesign allow certain pages to automatically apply no homepage based on conditions?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can InDesign allow certain pages to automatically apply no homepage based on conditions?
Is there a way for InDesign?
Homepage A is applied to all pages, and some pages are automatically applied without homepage according to conditions?
Or apply a designated homepage based on conditions?
For example, chapter and chapter start page.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

It's a great feature request, and you can ask for it to be considered for a future verison here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/.

FrameMaker—Adobe's other page layout program—allows you to attach a master page to a paragraph style. As an example, you can automatically assign the master page for the opening page of a chapter to a page containing the chapter title style. I wish InDesign offered that option.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will confuse most people by using the wrong terminology, I'm afraid. You're saying "homepage," but I think you mean "master page."

There is no way for InDesign to automatically use conditions to apply a particular master page. Someone may have written a script to do that but it's not a built-in feature. The designer decides which master pages are applied to which document pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a great feature request, and you can ask for it to be considered for a future verison here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/.

FrameMaker—Adobe's other page layout program—allows you to attach a master page to a paragraph style. As an example, you can automatically assign the master page for the opening page of a chapter to a page containing the chapter title style. I wish InDesign offered that option.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines