So I guess LBQ is running successfully. Then I'm trying to run a command "Enqueue Job" via web-client (by the way I didn't get any responds from any commands via web-client, I'm getting success responces only if I execute them directly via URL)
Below is the responce of QueueStatus command:
When I'm trying to start queue, it is failing, says
ERROR: Queue "Default" already running, using IORs in "C:ServerTestFilesLBQ"
Mar 26, 2018 4:17:25 PM com.adobe.idsqueue.StartQueueController handle
ERROR: Queue "Default" failed to start
If the job has been executed already or it is in progress then I guess I should see some log outputs in IDS instances consoles but there's no new info, only
Writing IOR to 'C:\ServerTestFiles\LBQ\ior1.txt'
So to sum up - jobs are added to queue but doesn't executed at all and seems like queue is not able to start.
Hey'a, I know this is an old post but I've been dealing with this for the last couple of days and it's been an nightmare, so hopefully I can shed some light on some bits, as I know some weary eyeballs have been scouring the poor Adobe documentation on LBQ.
1) You're right, the web-client doesn't seem to work in Chrome and that could be down to the CORS policy (See image below).
You can either do what you did and use the web client as a URL kind of builder and manually paste it into the browser and wait for the XML response OR you can use it in Internet Explorer with the Java Addin Enabled (More on that on point 3 below).
2) With your "Enqueue Job command" I see you haven't edited out the "fakepath", now annoyingly the documentation doesn't mention this explicitly, you just had to spot it. Now if the web-client was working correctly the "fakepath" would be replaced if you clicked the "Choose File" and navigated towards the delay.jsx file. But, if you're using Chrome it'll have to be replaced manually and it has to be URL encoded. Here's an example of my URL with the "fakePath" removed and run in the browser.
and here the Indesign Server Console window displays this (Image below)
This shows that LBQ and InDesign server are working together.
Hopefully 1 & 2 help, point 3 is off topic for you since you got a confimation that LBQ is up and running, but as there are few LBQ questions and no answers on any of them on the adobe forums, I'd figure I'd leave it below in case it helps someone else.
3) Commonly for others, the LBQ never sets up properly, although it kind of looks like it does in the cmd window when you run the clover.cmd file. If you didn't get a version 0.1 xml response on the next step, check your folder and there should be a numerically named log file generated in <Program files/Adobe/<IDS>/JobQueue/configuration/1595333410162.log> Now don't read it, it's all Java wizardry but chances are it'll moan about your Java version, hence why the LBQ add on was removed post IDS 2018 (Java compatibility issues) what I did to resolve this
Download Java 1.5 aka JDK 5 from Adobe onto your machine.
When installing accept the Java Addin to Internet Explorer.
clover.cmd uses a %JAVA_HOME% windows variable (Right click and edit if you want to see) this needs to be mapped to an environment variable or you could hardcode the path into it like <C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.5.0_22> but that depends where your Java 1.5 folder is.
Open Internet Explorer (Chances are it's not open anyway as it's rubbish 😄 ) and a pop up will display about a Java Add in, enable it!
Open the web-client sample in that Internet Explorer browser and you should find that it works fully e.g the choose file command replaces the fakepath placeholder, and the results actually come through into the command Response.
Web-Client is working 🙂 See Image below after running the delay.jsx file