• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't apply master page element to regular page

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the master page defined (see pic 1). All elements are grupped onto header layer.

p1 (1).jpg

Then I tried to apply it to a page number 58 (see pic 2), but left top yellow bar doesnot appears.

p2.jpg

It works for majority of pages, only few of them behaves like this one. I have no idea of the reason.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the yellow stripe on the left one piece with that on the right?

If yes, divide it into one for the left and one of the right separately.

If no, it might be an rounding error, try to keep it at a distance of 0.001 mm from the spine away.

BTW, if the document is for print you have to add a bleed in document setup and extend the yellow stripes to the bleed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bar per page. Will try your rounding suggestion, however left bar appears on 99% pages, and does not only on few of them

p3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has something to do with the 2nd masterpage in the spread. When I have applied no masteprage to page 59 (the next in spread) all of the sudden page 58 got the right layout, then re-applying masterpage B to page 59, caused the whole spread (58-59) looks OK. But anyway cant detect what is wrong here 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines