Highlighted

Can't click on page border from Adobe template

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_1.png

So when I downloaded this Adobe template, it came with this 1/2" thick, gray border around every page. It will not allow me to click on it to edit the color or delete it. What am I doing wrong? I've tried right clicking on it, highlighting it, and nothing. Also, it is not visible under my Master pages, so it's definitely locked or formatted on every page.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Nicole:

Try Windows > Layers and unlock Background 2 layer by clicking the padlock button to the right of the layer visibility icon (the eyeball). 

~Barb 

P.S. Why the repeating border isn't on the master pages is a mystery to me!

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't click on page border from Adobe template

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_1.png

So when I downloaded this Adobe template, it came with this 1/2" thick, gray border around every page. It will not allow me to click on it to edit the color or delete it. What am I doing wrong? I've tried right clicking on it, highlighting it, and nothing. Also, it is not visible under my Master pages, so it's definitely locked or formatted on every page.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Nicole:

Try Windows > Layers and unlock Background 2 layer by clicking the padlock button to the right of the layer visibility icon (the eyeball). 

~Barb 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Stock templates can be tough to figure out. If you share the number, we can take a look at the specific template to give you a hand. There's a good chance there are alternate layouts in place which further confuse things. You may find this post helpful, which explains how they work, generally.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-cant-edit-adobe-stock-cv-template/

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Barb,

The stock template file #: 268408261. Fingers crossed there's an easy solution!

- Nicole

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole:

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a life saver! I was messing around with it for way too much time! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 1
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicole:

We are always happy to help.

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0