• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't copy/paste from indesign into photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating indesign and photoshop apps to 2020,  I can't copy/paste elements from indesign into photoshop using quick keys. When I copy/paste using drop down menus, I get an error message in photoshop that states, "Could not complete paste command because clipboard data is empty or invalid."

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi design247,

what's your operating system version?

What exactly did you try to copy/paste?

Just tested this with InDesign 2020 version 15.0.0.155 and PhotoShop 2020 version 21.0.1 on Windows 10:

Did an arbitrary shape in InDesign 260 x 184 Pt in size, filled with 100 Magenta and a stroke attached with Black in 10 Points.

1. I selected and copied the object to the clipboard with Ctrl + C.

2. Did a new PhotoShop file with PhotoShop 2020.

PhotoShop suggested a canvas size of 260 x 184 Pt, just the same size as the object in the clipboard.

3. I pasted the clipboard's contents with Ctrl + V

Result was a Vector Smart Object in a new PhotoShop layer.

No issue so far…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laubender, i've got the nearly same problems. my cloud run on mac, version mojave 10.14.6

i can't copy and paste an element from indesign to illustrator or photoshop. no error appears, just nothing happens.

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V does not work. Any ideas????

Chris (Germany)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Is the something to do about it?

Annette (Norway)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

is there something special with your object you like to copy/paste?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no just an image with some text within. but it does not work with any elements, text, image, objects eg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am also having this issue. I'm on Catalina, and InDesign version 15.0.1. No matter what I try to copy and paste, whether I use the drop down menu or the short cut keyboard commands, I get no response at all - no errors, just nothing. I have tried un-installing, re-installing both the OSX and my Adobe programs but still the same issue. Did anyone find a solution? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an error message. But when the spinning wheel stopped, I cntl v right after, them elements pasted in fine. Ithink there is something wonky with one of the files I pasted in. But everything worked ok after that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I had this happen today, first time. 

I was trying to copy paste (from Indesign to Photoshop) clumps of objects which lived on 2 or more layers. It wasn't working, only say one of the objects would past into Pshop.

So i tried instead pasting the clump of Indesign objects onto a new Indesign doc. Then copying that, then pasting that into Pshop. And, bam, it worked! 

I wondered if it was a function of copying from a single layer (the new doc) vs copying from multiple layers (the original doc). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change your copy and paste prefs in indesign. That fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just experienced this issue as well, but I don't see where copy/paste prefs are located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Within the Preferences is a section called Clipboard Handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines