Highlighted

Can't create new or open previous InDesign files

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest version of InDesign 15.1.1 and now opeing the application, all I see is the InDesign File menu at the top, but after attempting to either CREATE  a new document OR trying to OPEN  an  EXISTING document, I find that nothing shows, just the InDesign file menu at the top. 

No adjustments to preferences help, clicking Application Frame on or off under WIndow does nothing. Advanced worspace does nothing...

Literally, I get NOTHING.

I've used InDesign for 15 years and never had this happen.

What is going on?!

Thanks to annyone who can help me!

Topics

Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't create new or open previous InDesign files

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest version of InDesign 15.1.1 and now opeing the application, all I see is the InDesign File menu at the top, but after attempting to either CREATE  a new document OR trying to OPEN  an  EXISTING document, I find that nothing shows, just the InDesign file menu at the top. 

No adjustments to preferences help, clicking Application Frame on or off under WIndow does nothing. Advanced worspace does nothing...

Literally, I get NOTHING.

I've used InDesign for 15 years and never had this happen.

What is going on?!

Thanks to annyone who can help me!

Topics

Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under menu Window if a new document is added, should be listed as "Untitled-1" etc.pp..

If yes, maybe the layout window is opened on a different screen?

Did you recently had an external monitor attached to your machine?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also: Try to change your workspace to e.g. "Typography" and reset that workspace.

Hm. Try to invoke the application frame as well.

If nothing helps, quit InDesign, backup your preferences, remove your preferences.

Start InDesign again.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines