• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create or paste guides onto certain pages

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working in a document all day, copying and pasting guides onto pages as I go. I have had zero problems until I reached a page that suddenly won't let me paste or drag guides onto it. I can paste and move all other objects onto this page. Nothing is locked, all grids are set to be shown, there are no locked layers. Why can't I paste or drag the guides the way I always have or even create new ones on just a few pages? I'm baffled.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. First thing I'd do is delete my ID preferences and relaunch. Also, check to be sure your layer isn't hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jackie,

Sorry to hear about this error. As it is happening with specific pages on the document it looks like a document corruption issue. I would request if you can try exporting the document to IDML and then try again. If that does not work, please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and we will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

I must also inform that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines