Highlighted

can't edit any text or boxes in indesign

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INdesign 2021 has done an auto update. Opened up my last file and it converted. All my text boxes and solid boxes I can't move or edit any of them. Is showing the bounding areas but is all flat. a purple line is around the edge of the artwork but I can't copy paste or move anything and the page is not locked. can anyone help PLEASE>>> a lot of files in this document

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

can't edit any text or boxes in indesign

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INdesign 2021 has done an auto update. Opened up my last file and it converted. All my text boxes and solid boxes I can't move or edit any of them. Is showing the bounding areas but is all flat. a purple line is around the edge of the artwork but I can't copy paste or move anything and the page is not locked. can anyone help PLEASE>>> a lot of files in this document

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2020 0
S_Gans LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is highly unusual. I assume you've checked that layers aren't locked? Or anything's not on a Master page? I recommend REtrying these files in the old 2020 version. This can be installed from the Creative Cloud application. The old version and the new version can be on your computer at the same time, and won't affect each other. Please try your original, UNconverted files in the old version and see if this continues there. That way, we can establish that your files aren't corrupted in themselves.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0