Highlighted

Can't export as an interactive PDF

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to export this interactive PDF for about 3 days now and it won't work. All the links are in the same folder. The video files are all mp4. There doesn't seem to be any media sitting out of the page frame. There are more than 100 pages but doesn't seem to work as a smaller file either. I have also tried saving it as an IDML document and exporting it that way. I have attached some screenshots of what happens below. My assignment is due tomorrow so really hoping to get some help. Thank you in advance!! 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Willi Adelberger | Most Valuable Participant

Movies woork only with Publish Onlline and HTML5 export. In PDF it will work if you install Flash extra to the computer and that will not work neither without problems. Since Acrobat 11 it is not possible to run films from PDFs and never did on panel computers. Avoid using mov here.

Look also here:

http://boblevine.us/its-okay-to-say-no-to-interactive-pdf/

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't export as an interactive PDF

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to export this interactive PDF for about 3 days now and it won't work. All the links are in the same folder. The video files are all mp4. There doesn't seem to be any media sitting out of the page frame. There are more than 100 pages but doesn't seem to work as a smaller file either. I have also tried saving it as an IDML document and exporting it that way. I have attached some screenshots of what happens below. My assignment is due tomorrow so really hoping to get some help. Thank you in advance!! 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Willi Adelberger | Most Valuable Participant

Movies woork only with Publish Onlline and HTML5 export. In PDF it will work if you install Flash extra to the computer and that will not work neither without problems. Since Acrobat 11 it is not possible to run films from PDFs and never did on panel computers. Avoid using mov here.

Look also here:

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look also here:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone gave you this as an assignment? As already mentioned most of this won't work on anything but Acrobat or Reader on a desktop and the multimedia depends on Flash Player which dead technology.

It might all work in a fixed layout epub, but that only works properly in the Books app on Mac or iOS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sack the person who gave you the assignment!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines