• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find InDesign Document after exporting it.

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I created a document in Indesign and I exported it about a month ago. I needed to go back in today to make new changes to the document, but when I go into InDesign it is no longer listed as one of my projects. My file handling is set to 30 and right now all I see are the 11 projects I am curretly working on, but no file in question. I am new to InDesign, so I am wondering if once you export a document, can you no longer access it to make changes? 

Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Did you Save it or Export the document and if the latter, which format did you choose?

Are you relying on InDesign's "Open Recent" to find the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was exported as a PDF, could it be in your Acrobat history?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save it after you exported it? You can't go back using the exported file.

And - where do you normally save things? You can't rely on recent file lists. Look in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a newcomer to InDesign learn to save backup copies externally of your documents, so that if you "lose" them or they become corrupt you can still open a version.

Also if you don't have your computer for some reason, you can still access your documents on another computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines