• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't force quit Indesign

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit OS, and Indesign CS6. Recently, Indesign has been freezing, and force quitting doesn't work, whether by using "end task" or "end process." The only way to close Indesign is by turning off the computer's power. Anyone have any fixes?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using 9-year old software on an operating system not even supported by Microsoft. I'm guessing the hardware is getting very old as well.

Whatever the issue is, it's no likely something simple. At some point you're going to have bite the bullet for new hardware and software. And it looks like you've gotten very close to that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than using End Task I find it usually works better to go into the Processes tab in Taks Manager, right-click on the InDesign process and choose End Process Tree.

And don't mind Bob. He thinks I'm a luddite, too. ;7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you've been shutting down improperly, you should probably run a checkdisk cycle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice and moral support 🙂

End process tree has also not been working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing your InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THINK? Ha! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Bob, I finally broke down last week and bought a new laptop with Win10, just in time to become obsolete again next month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines