Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't go full screen beyond bottom dock in MacOS

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using InDesign CC 2019 in Mac OS High Siera 10. My issue is I can't seem to expand InDesign to complete full screen beyond the dock at the bottom of the screen. It just stops at the dock at the bottom hence wasting quite a lot of real estate screen space.

Anyone know is there anyway I can go real full screen to the very bottom of the screen? See screenshot below.Thanks.

ThomasScreen Shot 2018-11-17 at 19.13.49.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

That's definitely not normal, Thomas.

To clarify, you tried both of Chad's suggestions?

1. Clicked the green circle on the top left on your screen to maximize?
  2. Dragged the bottom of the screen down? (Look for the double sided arrow before pressing down and dragging the mouse.)
    Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 9.27.49 AM.png

If so, I'd move to to Steve's suggestion of resetting preferences. Let us know how it goes. This is a new one for me.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas:

You can change your dock preference to automatically hide. This will allow InDesign to use your entire screen when maximized.

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 1.26.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 1.27.55 PM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried hiding the dock, but InDesign still will not expand to bottom of screen. Really odd..Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 21.58.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you just grab the bottom right corner of the application window and drag it down? InDesign will not automatically resize after hiding the Dock. You can either manually grab the bottom right corner to resize or hold down the option key and click the green button in the upper-left corner of the application window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that as well - still doesn't work. The window remains stuck at the dock line. It must be some limitation with InDesign app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I do as Barb suggested above, in message #1, with the the Dock automatically showing and hiding, I can also stretch to the bottom of the screen.

You might try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's definitely not normal, Thomas.

To clarify, you tried both of Chad's suggestions?

1. Clicked the green circle on the top left on your screen to maximize?
  2. Dragged the bottom of the screen down? (Look for the double sided arrow before pressing down and dragging the mouse.)
    Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 9.27.49 AM.png

If so, I'd move to to Steve's suggestion of resetting preferences. Let us know how it goes. This is a new one for me.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Barb, 

I'm having this exact same issue, and resetting the preferences did not work for me. Using MacOS Big Sur, I just downloaded illustrator today so I must have the most updated version.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this worked for me. quick fix 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines