Highlighted

Can't Install Layout Grid Calculator extension

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install the Layout Grid Calculator extension. In theory, once purchased it should install automatically after sync'ing between My Extensions and Creative Cloud Desktop, but after repeated attempts, nothing happens and the extension doesn't appear in Windows -> Extensions.

The extension developer says that if the normal install fails, I should download the extension and use Anastasiy’s Extension Manager to install it. If I try that I get an error, "Extension's license is damaged: error code: 603)".

I am using the same accounts in My Extensions, CC Desktop and InDesign.
I'm on OSX Mojave 10.14.6
CC Desktop 5.2.1.441

Anyone have any clues?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Andy,

first I thought, that Layout Grid Calculator is an InDesign extension that is not sold through any Adobe channels.

But I was wrong. For all who reading this, below the URL to the exchange.adobe.com page where it is sold:

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.101278.html

Oh. And there is an Abuse button at the bottom of this page.

I would use this and describe the issue. Also add a link to this forum thread here.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Install Layout Grid Calculator extension

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install the Layout Grid Calculator extension. In theory, once purchased it should install automatically after sync'ing between My Extensions and Creative Cloud Desktop, but after repeated attempts, nothing happens and the extension doesn't appear in Windows -> Extensions.

The extension developer says that if the normal install fails, I should download the extension and use Anastasiy’s Extension Manager to install it. If I try that I get an error, "Extension's license is damaged: error code: 603)".

I am using the same accounts in My Extensions, CC Desktop and InDesign.
I'm on OSX Mojave 10.14.6
CC Desktop 5.2.1.441

Anyone have any clues?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Andy,

first I thought, that Layout Grid Calculator is an InDesign extension that is not sold through any Adobe channels.

But I was wrong. For all who reading this, below the URL to the exchange.adobe.com page where it is sold:

I would use this and describe the issue. Also add a link to this forum thread here.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

best report to the creator of the extension that the license is the problem and may be damaged.

Don't know if the issue could also be on the Mac OS X side with restricted rights for the folder where you want to install your extension from. Or with the installer file itself.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

thanks for the reply. I've contacted the seller but they are very little help, simply telling me to follow the instructions. 

I've checked the permissions on the plugin/extension itself, but I'm not sure what else I can usefully check - do any of the Adobe installation folders (plugins folder?) need special permissions? Does the install need to be run in admin mode? The Plugins folder for InDesign (the plugin ins for InDesign only) has read permissions for everyone except the system, so I guess the extensions installer has to be running in admin mode, or that it would ask me to enter an admin password if it got far enough.

Does anyonehave any insights?

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 14.01.11.png

Andy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting any useful responses from the seller. I have asked for a refund as they can't get the plugin to work. But they are not responding. Can anyone tell me how I can escalate this to Adobe so they know what the situation is - I wouldn't want others to lose money like this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines