Highlighted

Can't scroll the document while "Place" window is open in InDesign 2020 on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 4.33.51 pm.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't scroll the document while "Place" window is open in InDesign 2020 on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 4.33.51 pm.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am assuming you are trying to scroll document pages while the Place window is open. This is an expected behaviour on all Adobe applications. When the any pop up windows like Save/ Place/ Export is open, you can not scroll the document in background. 

I will pass on your feedback to our Prooduct team and you could do that too by posting it here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/).

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Srishti,

You said:

"This is an expected behaviour on all Adobe applications. When the any pop up windows like Save/ Place/ Export is open, you can not scroll the document in background … "

That seems correct now, but not in previous releases.

I've checked in Adobe CS6 and you can scroll the document behind the Place pop-up menu (I knew you could).
In Adobe CC this function no longer works – which slows the design and layout process down.

It's a real shame it no longer works as it was very usful – especially producing books with many images in.

Regards,

Nathan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration, Nathan. I have passed on this feedback to our Product team and would request if you could also post it on our UserVoice page and share the link here, so that we have a significant number of votes for this feature request.

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0