• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't type in to my indesign file?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to change any of the content in my indesign file but can copy and paste text in to the document. I'm using Indesign CC. I just want to know if it is on some sort of mode that I can turn off? Or is it a setting? All I've done is taken the document to use on the same creative cloud account and its still not working

[Moved to the InDesign forum from The Lounge​ - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that the content you try to edit is not on a master page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can paste text onto an empty page, and InDesign creates a frame for you.

When you add text by typing, unless you have a master page frame, you have to select the Type tool (the T), drag out a frame and then you can type in it. You can't just click and start typing.

Is that what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

amym87547187 wrote:

I can't seem to change any of the content in my indesign file but can copy and paste text in to the document.

Try opening a story in the Text Editor. Can you make changes to the text there, or is it just in Layout view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines