Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't upload document - error #18

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't upload any document new or old to Indesign at the moment.  

Getting error code #18

Have tried various documents that have previously worked on two computers, tried two networks, have checked network proxies, signed out of indesign / adobe cloud and signed back in, restarted computer, restarted routers. 

Running Indesign 15.1.3 on Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 (desktop) and Catalina (laptop).

Have got this code:

{"_links":{"self":{"href":"https://cc-api-cp.adobe.io/api/v2/limits","type":"application/hal+json"}},"small_file_upload_limit":52428800,"rendition_size_limit":2048,"copy_job_subtasks_limit":1000}

Urgent help appreciated. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with upload? Where to and why? If it is a server, it has nothing to do with InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant that I can't publish online (to adobe's servers).

I followed all the remedial steps recommended on this forum/help page and I'm still getting this error message.

7721F140-884C-4F52-894B-31B4127622AF.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these steps.

Log out.

Log out of Creative Cloud on your Desktop application.

Open INDesign 

Go to Help>SignOut

Make sure you're signed out everywhere.

Now

Close everything CC App, InDesign etc. 

Open CC App

Login

Open InDesign

Ensure you're logged in.

Try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That hasn't worked either.  I also tried the same steps whilst logged into through a VPN.

I also tried using my mobile phone's internet connection and the same error message comes up when trying to publish online - so it appears it's specific to my account / devices and not my network.

Previously I tried all the steps on this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/kb/upload-error-publishing-indesign-document.html

The code feedback I got from the link (https://cc-api-cp.adobe.io/api/v2/limits.):

Is:

{"_links":{"self":{"href":"https://cc-api-cp.adobe.io/api/v2/limits","type":"application/hal+json"}},"small_file_upload_limit":52428800,"rendition_size_limit":2048,"copy_job_subtasks_limit":1000}

I emailed Adobe last night and have heard nothing. 

Please can someone help. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 11.22.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, I just opened another Creative cloud account with a trial indesign subscription and the publish online feature worked fine - attached screengrab.

So it appears it's an issue with one CC account and not another.

My main CC account is all paid up.  No payment due until 31 July.  

So not sure what the issue is....

Unfortunately I have lots of published Indesign docs I rely on in main CC account so don't want to lose them.  

Hopefully someone can shed some light on what's happening....

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 11.36.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd 100% retry logging out of all your adobe accounts online and on your computer. 

As a test - why not try a different web browser and set it to your default web browser for the test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried this doing a number of times and it still doesn't work.

Publish online is an essential feature of Indesign. I'm still paying a subscribtion fee for the service but can't use it.

Adobe also haven't responded to the email address they state I should contact them with regarding this issue.

Do Adobe monitor this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum and not monitored by Adobe employees, although they do drop in from time to time. 

I'm just a user like yourself and hold no weight with them.

I'll see if I can get someone to help here.

Thanks for your patience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue and have gone through all the steps you have with a member of Adobe. 

It's a 100% an issue with the account and their servers, I think for me the issue first occured when I used a VPN on my computer, I think this has confused the connection of my account to the servers as I have used alternative wifi, different computers, done the whole logging out of everything and unsinstalled the entire adobe suite to no avail. Trouble is with Adobe customer care they don't seem to have the technical skill to be able to test for this as a problem. I'm considering cancelling my account and starting a new one as I think this will start a new connection with their servers but whats to say it wont happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem...

What did you do finally ? New account or did it work again ?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same problem. I eventually made a new Adobe ID, and the problem went away. A day later, it was back. Next, I tried two things. First, I uninstalled my VPN. Next I tried the steps below I saw on this forum (copy pasting below) :

"Log into your Adobe Account online.

Log out.

Log out of Creative Cloud on your Desktop application.

Open INDesign 

Go to Help>SignOut

Make sure you're signed out everywhere.

Now

Close everything CC App, InDesign etc. 

Open CC App

Login

Open InDesign

Ensure you're logged in.

Try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dylan !

Thank you for your message !

Actually, it was a big glitch on the authentification number associated with my account. I had to deal with a senior engineer and his team. It took time for the problem to be resolved, and was totally done on their side.

All the best,

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Glad to hear that it works now. The error 18 generally occurs when there is a connection issue while publishing the file. Here's an article to refer to if anyone experiences an issue with Publish Online in the future. 

Thanks
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines