• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can the "Current Page Number" be used for image numbers?

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an animator and reguarly use InDesign to create storyboards for clients. The layout I use has 2 storyboard frames on each page.

Inevitably, there are scenerios in which the frames need to be rearranged or more added and thus the numbering on each frame gets messed up.

Is there a way to have a live text entry that allows the Current Page Number to be manipulated with maths, so something like:

– "(Current Page Number * 2)-1" for the first frame on a page

– "(Current Page Number * 2)" for the second frame on a page

The live aspect is critical so that any changes that get made can automatically update, or if a sequence gets moved to earlier in the storyboard, its frame number will automatically update.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Can make it as facing pages and use the Page Numbering, so you will have 2 pages in each spread.
After that you can export it as spread not as pages.
1.png3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Current Page number and Next Page number - but there's a trick to it!

https://indesignsecrets.com/previousnext-page-number-on-same-page.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m not sure there’s away to use Next Page/Previous Page markers to get the sequential numbering I assume you are looking for.

You can place InDesign pages the same way you place an image, so you could set up an editing document for single storyboard frames, and then place the storyboard pages 2-up on a larger document for export or output. Some thing like this:

Screen Shot 3.png

When I rearrange the storyboard pages in the editing document and Save, I can update the linked ID file and the pages will rearrange themselves in the output document

Screen Shot 5.png

Screen Shot 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines