• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we generate and publish attached documents pragmatically through adobe in-design apis

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently we are working in a project in which we have to generate pdf files as attached. Now we are planning to shift from existing technlogy i.e. Aspose to Adobe Indesign but not sure whether we would be able to replace it by generating the same documents(attached here) with adobe-indeisgn and if yes what approach we will have to follow to do that.

EDIT : 

We alreday have utilities which can export generated word documents to pdfs but the thing I want to know is that will we be able to generate the word documents like the files I have attached through adobe-in design. 

We have very little time to evaluate it as we need to inform it to our client whether we go ahead with it or not so kindly prvoide your important suggesations on basis of which we can take decision

TOPICS
Publish online , Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to experiment a little with your workflow to see if you can use directly your current document format or whether, for example, they need to be converted to MSWord documents which can then be Placed in InDesign and exported as Interactive PDFs.  Your Table of Contents and Index can be hyperlinked to the relevant pages in the report and you can include live hyperlinks to external sites and documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We alreday have utilities which can export generated word documents to pdfs but the thing I want to know is that will we be able to generate the word documents like the files I have attached through adobe-in design. 

We have very little time to evaluate it as we need to inform it to our client whether we go ahead with it or not so kindly prvoide your important suggesations on basis of which we can take decision

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ashishktrig,

what value do you like to add by using InDesign?

( You already have a workflow that generates PDFs from Word documents. )

If you want to transform your PDFs that you generate with your already established workflow to print-ready PDFs for offset printing, you could do this with the standalone version of Callas pdfToolbox entirely. Just to give you one option.

https://www.callassoftware.com/en/products/pdftoolbox

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines