• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you embed a Youtube video in Indesign?

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

For my online course I need to put this Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZYkrn-SZ4s&feature=emb_logo) in an interactive PDF using Indesign.

I have tried to copy and paste the following embed code (<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UZYkrn-SZ4s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>) into my document but everytime I get the error: "time out of html renderer could not generate poster image".

Does anyone have the solution or is this not possible?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Flash has become obsolete, it's not possible to include video in an Interactive PDF - use a hyperlink to the video instead, or use InDesign’s Publish Online, in which you can include a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is very much possible and i had exactly the same error. What worked for me is to go back one version of indesign en try again. I'm on 15.1.1. You can change the version in your cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines