• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot arrange pages side-by-side to create front-spine-back paperback cover

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have watched three YouTube videos for creating a paperback cover which includes front, spine and back horizontally abutting each other in Pages panel and workspace view. An example of one video is "InDesign How-To: Set Up a Book Cover (Video Tutorial)," on the InDesignSecrets channel. Instructions on all videos indicate to uncheck Allow Document Pages to Shuffle and uncheck Allow Selected Spread to Shuffle. 

6x9 document, 3 pages. No matter what I do, whether both are checked, unchecked, or only one option is checked and the other unchecked, I cannot get page 2 to move beside page 1, and I can't move page 3 beside page 2. I can drag page 2 or 3, but they will not drop into place and instead return to their vertical position. I also tried changing to Horizontal option in View Pages, but that made no difference.

I've taken a screenshot of current status. Is there something I'm missing? 

Any help appreciated.

Celeste

Pages_will_not_abut.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Do you see a bracket appearing between the pages? You need to be very close to the page to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see a bracket appearing between the pages? You need to be very close to the page to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, that was part of the problem, they did not appear as confirmation of being able to drop the page into place. But I did figure it out. I was writing my follow-up post as you were writing your response. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I figured it out. I have to drag page 2 onto page 1 and then it will align next to it. InDesign is so precise with its requirements.

Celeste

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines