Cannot check in InCopy assignment in use by me

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working on a book layout on a shared network folder, with other users making text changes in InCopy. I just had a server glitch where I was briefly disconnected from the server. I logged back on and reopened the file, and InDesign's assignments panel says there are 6 InCopy .icml files checked out and currently being edited by me. But I didn't check them out before the disconnection. I clicked "Go to Content" and they're not even in parts of the book I was working on when I got disconnected. So I don't know how these got checked out, but if I try to check them back in, I get an error message saying "A new story having endnotes has been created but is not a part of this assignment. Add it to the assignment to proceed." But I have no idea how to do this. If I try to just update them, I get a message saying "One of more assignments could not be updated, please check the path for these assignments and try again."

I've searched online and in this forum and cannot find anything like this. Any of you have any idea??

TOPICS
How to, InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you able to update anything using the Links panel?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines